focus on code?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sun Mar 6 06:51:00 UTC 2005

Hi Lex--

 > There has been some discussion about how awkward it currently is to
 > ship around objects in packages, and how nice it would be if Squeak's
 > module system could support including a fully general object. If this
 > group figures out a way to do that, it would indeed be wonderful.

	With the distributed system I wrote, one can send any message with any
parameters to any object in any other object memory, as if it were a
normal send. I think this is a superset of the goal mentioned above.
(And if you're limited to, say, CD-ROMs, then just ship entire
"provider" object memories, since they start out minimal and only have
what you want in them, and let negotiation take place all on one machine.)

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist