full isolation

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Mar 7 21:36:28 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 10:44 am, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> One serious issue concern meta programming. I believe that achieving a
> descent isolation mechanism require a complete overhaul of the reflective
> facility. It seems that the Self mirror mechanism would provide an
> interesting solution...

I agree with this, partly because of the necessity to have reflection on
as-yet-unloaded modules. Taking the responsibility out of Class/Behavior and
moving it into model classes that represent the classes (and other artifacts)
would be considerably cleaner.

I'd rather ask a mirror of (say) a package or module about its contents, etc.
than have to go to a (global) SystemNavigation or whatever it's called today.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/