[Morphic] Re: What is the status of Curvier and target setting fixes?

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 01:17:50 CET 2005

Hi Marcus and Stef,

Thank you both for your prompt replies. I realize you
both have taken on a lot. And I appreciate what you
have already done.

I had a feeling you would mention the morphic team. I
have already  joined and written them introducing
myself. This was long enough ago that I was
disappointed that no mention was made of my work in
the recent report.

My fear is that the team may act more as a filter (and
a brake) than an engine. There was little traffic on
the morphic list in November and up till now none in
December.

Marcus you originally showed interest in what I had
done and indicated you thought it would be useful to
have in harvested and in squeak. Stef I asked you for
a promise that if I worked on the curvier stuff it
would get included into the image and you indicated
that would be so. On which basis I put some more time
into it. So I am asking that if this is now to be
handle by the morphic team that you light a fire under
them so my work doesn't get ignored.

Thanks in advance.

Yours in service, --Jerome Peace

--- Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Hello Jerome,
>
> Sorry that the harvesting of the morphic
> enhancements have
> stalled... part of the reason is that it's all in
> all just too much
> for just a small group of people to manage. And,
> Small group
> is an exageration: At the beginning of 3.9, I did it
> alone, then
> stef took over whenI stopped as I needed to get some
> progress
> on other things...
>
> So I think for the future, the teams model could
> (maybe, hopefully)
> help:
> There is now a team for morphic (they posted a first
> sumary).
> You could contact them (or even better: Join them)
> and see
> how it's possible to integrate the changes.
>
>       Marcus

>And Stef wrote
>Hi jerome

>on the pending list ( as mentioned on the 39 todo
page).
>We know that we should have a look and integrate it.
>May be you should contact the morphic team to know if
they