[Morphic] Challenges: Maintaining Morphic

Juan Vuletich jvuletich at dc.uba.ar
Thu Jun 29 11:56:05 UTC 2006

Hi Jerome.

You are right: I'm not maintining the Morphic packages anymore. Why?
Well, I didn't like what Morphic became, although I always loved how it
was when young. So I decided to help clean it. This was the start of
MorphicSplitters and later the Morphic team. I did a first stage of
splitting Morphic in packages, as you can see in 3.9. But the second
stage proved too much work for me. It would take me many years.
Literally. So, I lost my faith on that path. I'm rewriting a small
Morphic kernel outside the official image (as you know). I lost my main
reason for managing the official Morphic packages.

You seem to be pretty interested in fixing and enhancing the official
Morphic. In fact, you are the guy who worked more than anyone else in
Morphic this year. I find quite natural that you build the Morphic
packages. I would be very happy with that.

WRT MC, all I can say is that right now you have more knowledge and
experience with it than I had when the Morphic team was formed.

Cheers,
Juan