[Morphic] Re: [UI] UI plan, my thoughts

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Aug 26 02:27:47 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,

I was part of the "Morphic Team" that was in charge of the Morphic
packages in Squeak. I believe it was in the 3.7 or 3.8 days. My work
there was splitting the big Morphic package into Morphic, Morphic Extras
and Etoys. I also harvested some fixes from Jerome Peace.

My idea was to stop adding code and start removing code from Morphic. I
found little support for that from the Board and the community. And the
next level of cleanup of dependencies between these packages was beyond
my possibilities (and I believe beyond anyone's). So I quit and focused
on Morphic 3. This project is not (yet) focused on the kind of problems
you're talking about, but I'm interested in watching.

(BTW, I was not part of MCP).

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich
www.jvuletich.org