[Morphic] Re: [UI] Re: UI plan, my thoughts

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Aug 26 12:49:03 UTC 2007

Hi Bert,

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2007, at 19:27 , Juan Vuletich wrote:
>
>>  I found little support for that from the Board
>
> You make that sound like the Board opposed any of this. This is not
> the case, the Board so far has stayed out of *any* technical advise,
> it is leaving these to the teams.
That's true.
> If anything, there was (unfortunately) little support from the Morphic
> Team.
That's not so true. I was the team leader, so support from the Morphic
Team basically meant support for myself. But what I wanted to do would
have broken badly back compatibility, and would have caused serious
trouble to Etoys users. It was a risky decision, with good and bad
consequences for many people. Too much for the Morphic Team (i.e. for
myself) to make. That's why I asked the community and the Board for
support. Basically, the Board didn't take a position, and the community
(almost all who said something) were against it.

I understand this, and it's ok. It is just that after that, I started
doing all this in my own fork, the Morphic 3.0 image.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich
www.jvuletich.org