[Network] Some more work towards a release

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Dec 15 00:50:26 CET 2005

Hi fellas!

Ok, published this in the repo - a little step towards a release for the
inbox:

Network-gk.23.mcz:

Fix for Mantis #2119, the simplest one described.

Fix for Mantis #1585, moved 3 test methods from OldSocket class to
Socket and updated the code so that it works.

Doing the above I also fixed an issue in
Socket>>waitForDisconnectionFor:, it was wrongly waiting on "semaphore"
instead of "self readSemaphore". I also removed an unnecessary call to
dataAvailable, unneeded temp var #extraBytes etc. The problem was that
loopbackTest randomly hung in this method.

Optimized Socket>>discardReceivedData, unneeded call to dataAvailable
removed.

Better class comments in ProtocolClient, Socket and SocketStream.

Improved comment in Socket>>closeAndDestroy:

regards, Göran