[Network] Right, I am team leader... :)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Fri Oct 21 14:45:16 CEST 2005

Hi guys!

Ok, I am team leader here so here goes how I want us to proceed:

1. Vaccum clean Mantis. We are already doing this so I only want to note
how I want us to work:
	- We always use the latest image posted on
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9alpha as the "baseline". Don't load updates so
we are clear what the current baseline is.

	- We produce mcz's on source.sqf of course. Don't start merging them
together, it is better to have separate mcz's from the different members
in the project.

	- When we feel like we have enough "goodness" collected we sit down and
merge them together into a "release" which we then push into the 3.9
inbox and prepare an email with instructions and a summary to the 3.9
Team leader, it isn't clear right now but I am guessing that is Marcus.
Such a release also typically includes mcz's for other packages that
needs to be merged with them, like for example the System mcz I have
already published in our repo.

2. When we have caught up with Mantis we sit down and take a look at
what exactly we have in Network. Perhaps we should move some things to
other packages. Perhaps some things should be moved into Network.
Discussion on this list before we take any action.

3. Before going forward we take a deep breath and do a "comments and
cleanups" sweep over our code. Lint checks, proper class comments etc.
The package isn't that big so we should be able to "just do it" without
getting too bored. :)

4. *Then* when we have a reasonably clean base we start discussing major
improvements. I know there are tons of things to do, but let's discuss a
bit before jumping in. And as I said, let's get 1-3 done first.

Sounds good?

regards, Göran