[Network] Network+Files teams merge into I/O team

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:47:56 CET 2006

Hi All,

In spirit with what I proposed about making larger teams, Göran and I
decided to merge the File and Network teams. Both packages are roughly
in a state of "we could do with a revamp" and they touch in many
places (URL's, Streams, etcetera) so it seems a logical thing to do.

For the time being, I'll lead the new team which I think is best
labelled as "I/O team" (risking that we get the Midi and Serial code
thrown in as well ;-)). The strategy of both teams was already closely
aligned: first, vacuum Mantis during 3.9a, then decide on revamping
the code.

I'll wait a day to see if there are very big protests ;-), and then
commence with getting the infrastructure adapted. The next team report
will then have more details on the "life after 3.9" plans.

Regards,

Cees