[Network] Greetings

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Sun Jan 8 20:09:20 CET 2006

Hi there,

I've joined the network list because my project is doing a lot with http and I'm finding the various bits of http related code around the image lack any kind of cohesion.  I'd like to help clean that up.

My current project can be found at http://www.blackbagops.net/seaside/squeak

It is a service that downloads a web page, parses it and builds a dom tree, downloads associated CSS files, and produces an error report on the whole lot.  When I started doing the associated CSS file downloads I began to run into problems.  I also would like to get caching and cookie support.

It sounds like most of the activity lately is on low level socket stuff - that's a level below what interests me (except that async downloads are very important to me for performance).

Did I join the wrong list or does this sound like the kind of topic Network/IO should be tackling?

-Todd Blanchard