[Newcompiler] About comment

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Aug 1 14:50:16 UTC 2006

On 28.07.2006, at 16:05, Mathieu Suen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how/where the new compiler ignore comments?

The question is if the comments are availabe in the AST like they are
in when the AST is build up with the RBParser...

the SqueakScanner seems to not skip comment:

comment

	comments add: outputStream contents.
	super comment.

Now the question is what the parser does with the comments...

What we need is to have the SqueakScanner/SqueakParser to provide
comments in the AST just like RBParser/RBScanner does.

So I guess the first start would be to write tests for it...

     Marcus