[Newcompiler] Trees, sequences, source recovery etc.

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 23:34:20 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, Andrew Tween <amtween at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Would something like this help in the storage of comments, whitespace etc?
> Would it help with the re-creating of the original source?

Indeed, that seems a very nice idea (but it's 1:30 am :)

> Are there any other uses for it?

I guess that would ease any synchronisation between AST and source,
like updating the text piecewise when the tree changes, or doing
syntactically meaningful operations (select a whole block, or a
sequence with its comments... since these are subtrees)

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more