[Newcompiler] Prebuild Newcompiler image based on 3.9final

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Nov 19 13:14:56 UTC 2006

On 17.11.2006, at 21:41, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Cool.
>
> Marcus did you check the code of mathieu?

Yes, I read over the code... looks like a good step forward.
The grammar got not much more complicated (just a handful of error
cases added).

But the image successfully recompiles (of course), we now need to
test it in real life
to see if it it complete and does not break anything.

> Is the error handling better now? (this is an excellent news in fact).

Yes, it's definitely moving in the right direction. But we need to
tweak the
error messages a little more.

Examples:

1 + Negative number, string, variable or character expected ->
(why negative number?)

(1 + 2 Right parentheses expected ->

Good.

1+ 2 Period, right box bracket or right curly brackets expected ->)

Hmm... period is ok. but } is not right... the old compiler just says:
1+ 2 Nothing more expected ->)

if we add a }

1+ 2 Right box bracket expected ->}

and this then: