[NewCompiler] Proposition for error handling

Mathieu Suen mathieusuen at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 11 21:35:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have start to make some work on error handling and here the report:

We decide with Marcus to have 2 way of error handling:
1. Report the error so the user can see where is the mistack
2. Note the error but continue parsing ( for shout... )

For 1. I have start to work and I can mark whenever ")" "}" "]" ";" are missing
but when is a more abstract token like argument I get somthing like:

+ v
	"comment stating purpose of message"

	| temporary variable names |
	(statements foo: Negative number, string, variable or character expected ->

So to tell the user we have to modifie the grammar

For 2. I sugggest to use an error node but this also change the grammar(in the same way than 1.)

	Math