[NewCompiler] BUG? #ifNotNil: must take 0 arg block

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Sep 5 07:25:05 UTC 2006

On 04.09.2006, at 20:55, Mathieu Suen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the squeak-dev mailing list someone have pointed out that
> ifNotNil must take a 0 arg. block.
> But this is not the behavior implemented in the NewCompiler.
>
> So do we consider this has a bug?
> I can fix it if so.

No. ifNotNil: should take both 0 and 1-arg blocks (like the
newcompiler does it). The old
compiler here needs to be fixed to do it, too.

What we should have done is to have the ifNotNil: method that is now
in the image be
an overriding method in the newcompiler package (as it shows the
semantics in the
new compiler). Then we should have fixed the old compiler to allow 1-
arg bloks, then
move the method into the image. I just added the method to the image
because
I thought I would fix the old compiler soon, but I didn't do it...

    Marcus