[Newcompiler] Properties for AST

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Apr 9 11:14:38 UTC 2007

> Today, the source is gettable from .sources and .changes. So there
> is no need to
> store it in an AST, or to use an AST to produce it.
> Can I infer from what you have said that you are intending to get
> rid of method
> source from .changes and .sources?

just some researchy stuff... nothing really finished, so it's not in
a state to be defended ;-)
I know that most people's reaction to the stuff will be "just parse
the source". But that's ok,
I think I will be able to make my point as soon as it's finished.

I need an AST-like representation, possibly compressed later, for the
whole image.
Currently the image is 204MB large, our of which way over 100MB are
tokens, which are not
needed... some information of these is needed, but not the tokens
themselves.

	Marcus