[Newcompiler] Properties for AST

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Apr 9 14:53:28 UTC 2007

On 09.04.2007, at 15:45, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> By the way I hope that you have a long list of items to do for
> mathieu this summer :)

I have :-)

>> defined 30 years ago that are kind of are regarded as "laws of
>> nature". Scannerless parsing is one of them.
>>
>> The extremely nice feature of scannerless parsers is that they are
>> compositional: you can merge
>> any two grammers completely automatically. C with embedded ASM? no
>> problem. HTML with embedded
>> strange language? Done.
>>
>> This is *very* cool for DSLs (Domain Specific Languages) and in
>> general systems where the
>> language should be extensible (growable) even on the level on the
>> Grammar.
>
> do you have a readable reference about scannerless parsers?

Not really... It's on my list of stuff to read about, but I have not
yet found the time.

Eelco Visser homepage would be a starting point:
http://swerl.tudelft.nl/bin/view/EelcoVisser/WebHome

Definitly interesting stuff... he is doing work with eric to combine
his stuff with Reflex
(e.g. they did a Link description language, and a language for
extending aspectJ)

	Marcus