[Newcompiler] Implementing bytecode for closur

Mathieu Suen mathieusuen at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 26 12:04:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have implement a bytecode to push the closure environment.
So instead of this peace of bytecode:

pushThisContext
pushConstant: 5
send: privGetInstVar:

You get:

pushClosureEnvironment

I have run benchmark and it result that the system was running 16%
faster.

I think we should use other bytecode like pushTemp/storeTamp which
would store/pop variable directly from the closure environment.
At the end we should be close to the performance to the NewCompiler
without closure performance.

	Mth