[Newcompiler] Implementing bytecode for closur

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Apr 26 13:08:46 UTC 2007

On 26.04.2007, at 14:47, Marcus Denker wrote:

>> I think we should use other bytecode like pushTemp/storeTamp which
>> would store/pop variable directly from the closure environment.
>> At the end we should be close to the performance to the
>> NewCompiler without closure performance.

Another idea (I think Anthony proposed that in the past) is to have a
getField / setField bytecode. Then you would have two
(pushEnvironment / getField) for accesing temps in blocks... the
reason is that Environments can be nested, so just a
"getTemp 5" like bytecode is not enough.

And on the plus side, this bytecode could be used in persephone to
inline getters/setters on self ;-)

	Marcus