[Newcompiler] Finding enough bytecodes for closures.

bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Tue May 1 20:54:21 UTC 2007

Klaus D. Witzel writes:
 > On Tue, 01 May 2007 21:10:29 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
 > > We never need to push the thisContext at all...
 >
 > *except* in ClosureEnvironment>>#return: ...

Good point, but it's hard to avoid paying for a feature when you're
actually using it. That's probably the one place where normal code
does need to capture the enclosing method context. I forgot about
return from method during this discussion.

And we may need a return from method from closure bytecode if we
want that to be as fast as it's now.

Bryce