[Newcompiler] Re: [Pharo-project] Closure compiler

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:33:12 UTC 2009

(note: cross-posted on newcompiler and pharo-project lists)

On 4/9/09, Marcus Denker <denker at acm.org> wrote:

> On 08.04.2009, at 17:40, Michael van der Gulik wrote:
>>>

>> I wonder if it is worth splitting the NewCompiler (which really does
>> need a better name) into two packages: the front end and the back end.
>>

> New name: yes.

Umm... HannanCompiler (after the original author?).

> So for packages, we have NewParser, AST and the rest.
> Where would we split? IRBuilder would be the best candidate, I'd say.

I'll get back to you on this when I have stuff to contribute. I'd like
to separate out the IR classes so I can use them without needing to
install the rest of the compiler.

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/