[News] Weekly Squeak Article [Henrik Gedenryd]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Oct 14 14:13:53 CEST 2005

News Team,

here's what I've put together what was said this week about Henrik
Gedenryd. Let me have your feedback please.

/Klaus

P.S. don't know if you care but I suggest to not publish any email
addresses but instead the hyperlink to a person's SqP page (if there is
one). In the draft below I still mention email addresses for ease of
reference during review.

Henrik Gedenryd passed away.

While looking around the Internet for information about Henrik Gedenryd,
Göran Krampe found out that [href to message]Henrik Gedenryd passed away[]
in 2002 at the age of 32. Some 20 Sequeakers expressed their feelings
about the sad news on the list, some of them sharing anecdotes, events and
places where they happened to be together with Henrik.

Markus Denker has
[http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~denker/temp/aspectblt.zip]Henrik's blue book
image[] available for download on his homepage. Ken G. Brown
[kbrown at tnc.ab.ca] reported that Henrik's image comes up with
[http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5506&release_id=197152]Win32-3.5.1-VM[]
and seems to want V2 sources. Romain Robbes [romain.robbes at lu.unisi.ch]
confirmed that the image works with recent Mac VMs. Göran Krampe strongly
recommends to read Henrik's paper on
[http://www.lucs.lu.se/People/Henrik.Gedenryd/Squeak/UC/UCpaper.pdf]Universal
Composition[].