[News] Re: [Webteam] Back to "The News"

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Mon Apr 17 21:38:31 UTC 2006

Giovanni Corriga wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 17/04/2006 alle 07.58 -0700, Brad Fuller ha scritto:
>
>> News on the front page was, I believe, not quite agreed upon. Göran
>> didn't mind a feed to the front page, but wanted it on the side. I, on
>> the other hand, wanted the top of the page fed with automatic news (so
>> we didn't have to worry about having fresh news and that the front page
>> changed as news came in.) I confess I was in the minority.
>>
>> If we are going to have manually edited news on the top center, I think
>> we should make sure it's up-to-date. We have links to election news that
>> is 2 months old. We should up date with new news or delete the election
>> news.
>>

> Hi Brad,
>
> the news team is on hiatus at the moment for many different reasons, but
> I still want to restart working on The Weekly Squeak and to create a
> separate news site.

That's cool.
> Meanwhile, maybe we could work on this news box in the main page. So if
> you need/want some help, please say so.
>
> 	Giovanni

I think Göran is still in charge of the front page. He wants to have a
side box with news feeds in it.
In any case, no matter where the feed goes, I think the team all agreed
that we wanted to see several appropriate news feeds _somewhere_ on the
front page. Each news feed area would show 1 or two sentences of the top
5(ish) news topics and then a link to each news item.

But, my initial thrust of the msg was just to make sure we had the top
center manual news current. It's too old right now.

brad