[News] Google AdWords campaign targeting http://www.squeak.org

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Nov 22 22:38:46 UTC 2006

Thank you for the feedback, Matthias.

No, Google does *not* show ads according to any logical rules. They also
do not show ads for so-called "phrases", unless you can and do invent such
combinations as "smalltalk tutorial" and "squeak tutorial" in advance ! !!

But I have just entered both you phrases, they will show up in the stats
in 1-3 hours from now.

While we are here, some figures at the time of this writing (campaign
started 2.5 hours ago):

- total impressions: 577
- total clicks: 3
- total deactivated keywords (by them, no ads show up) but,
  they charged clicks anyways at highest CPC: 1
- total complaints filed with them (they acked receipt): 3
- total people found with similiar complaints: too many :(

/Klaus

P.S. smalltalk as keyword and squeak as keyword need no ads (at least none
payed by me), they turn up at the most prominent place in the Google
result page ;-)