[News] Re: Something for inclusion into the Squeak news stream

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Oct 31 19:34:44 UTC 2006

Hi Giovanni & all,

you're right, I must be subscribed to the news list :o

O.K. here's the material, thank you.

/Klaus

---------------------

Last Saturday two dozen Smalltalkers enjoyed a very successfull Smalltalk
Party in Bern. We received presentations and life demos in VW, Dolphin and
Squeak, from authors and users of

  - Scratch (http://www.scratch.ch/ )
  - Mondrian for Squeak (http://mc.lukas-renggli.ch/mondrian.html )
  - Pier update (http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/smallwiki/pier/ )
  - Toothpick (http://www.metaprog.com/Toothpick )
  - Gjallar (http://gjallar.se/ )
  - Using a Morphic schema generator for Gjallar
  - Code Coverage (http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/stefanreichhart/codecoverage/ )
  - Mondrian in Moose (http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/mondrian/ )

There was plenty of time between the presentations for breakout sessions
during which newbies, users and authors happily hacked together and
discussed new developments and burning questions.

The party culminated at the Tramdepot Brewery and Restaurant, downtown in
Bern, where the Smalltalkers "almost" chilled out and enjoyed a recreating
meal and tasteful drinks.

Our deep thanks go to the executive organizer
(http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~denker/ ), to the sponsor of snacks and drinks
(http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/ssug/ ) and to SCG
(http://iamwww.unibe.ch/~scg/ ), who set up this wonderful meeting and
generously provided facilities.