[News] Summary e-mail distribution

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:33:43 UTC 2008

Dear News team,

in the light of the recent razzmatazz on the Seaside list, I would
like to propose that we restrict the default distribution of Weekly
Squeak Summary e-mails to the announcements, squeak-dev and beginners
lists.

We could think about something like target-specific Summaries, e.g., a
collection of all Seaside-related news items posted to the Seaside
list, VM-related news to vm-dev, and so forth. I would think of this
as a service from the News team to the various (sub-)communities, but
I am unsure whether this would be regarded as unsolicited albeit
on-topic noise.

Best,

Michael