Upate 6680

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Aug 15 14:13:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

At ESUG's Camp Smalltalk we did an experiment with the loading the
map via a changeset.

We did:

- make changeset (6679PachMC) that patches the MC Configurations to
not load patches, but
   complete version (until the fixed squeaksource version is installed).
- then we made a monticello configuration with the then current
packages, put that into 6680Release-md
   changset.

If you load updates, the packages will be loaded according to the map
defined. Very nice.

Two problems:

1) Afterwards,opening MCConfig Browser we get an empty configurarion.
I would have thought
      that we want this to show the loaded config...
2) The update 6679 makes monticello believe that we have edited code,
that will bring monticello
      to ask us to confirm that loading the package is ok.

I think we should release a 6680 3.9a image, this way people can test
it. And we have something
to replace the old 3.9a that is used a lot by people (the one that is
older then 3.8...)

     Marcus