restarting source.squeakfoundation.org ?

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Aug 27 14:41:34 UTC 2005

Hi mike

I totally agree.
Here on solaris (I do not know the vm version)  we got weak
references problems and also some problems
with some semaphores blocking completely SqSource.
We will migrate SqueakSource to a brand new server on mac soon (the
server is on beta testing now).
I hope that changing the vm will help us to identify the problems.

>> I have no idea how, but please do. I can't even use the
>> repositories, never mind the SqS instance. We should have pretty
>> good uptime for that which will be the update stream...
>>

> We are having problems with source.impara.de as well. It seems the
> squeaksource server doesn't handle load peeks very well, but that
> is more a suspicion. Lukas told me that it might have to do with
> weak references, but it also may be a VM problem IMHO. One problem
> is the huge reference stream that gets written, we should find a
> different way to handle that.
> Bert did a couple of patches and enhancements for our impara server
> and we will make them available next week. But I think we need to
> put some more effort into this, as these servers become a critical
> part of the infrastructure and need to be rock solid.
>
> Michael

Stef