New SqueakSource image is running

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Aug 29 04:34:21 UTC 2005

Got the new SqueakSource image running, it seems to work all around,
and it is generating .mcd files when requested!

I only tested .mcd-getting via a browser.  (I haven't verified in an
image that the .mcd files are correct, though I imagine they are.)  For
example, enter this in a browser:

http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a/Tests-md.5(3).mcd

I see that these .mcd files are being cached in the ss directory on the
server.

So anyway, we should be able to get the update stream working again
soon...

On Aug 28, 2005, at 4:06 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 28.08.2005 um 19:16 schrieb Doug Way:
>> I'm guessing this is an incompatibility in the data.obj (repository)
>> file format between Bert's config and the original SS image that Avi
>> setup... maybe an additional inst var is in there or something.  I
>> re-created the problem on my local machine by copying the data.obj
>> from sqf.org, also.
>
> Doh, this happens when you code in a live image ;-) You don't even
> notice reordering instance variables. I though I only added them at
> the end, and have lazy initialization, but apparently I forgot one
> place. You could find the offending place by looking at the database
> in the object explorer. Then you can still import your older data if
> you temporarily restore the former variable order, load the data,
> modify the variable order, and save.

Actually, the culprit was a new 'stepChildren' instvar in MCAncestry
(which is inherited by MCVersionInfo), not just reordered variables.
But anyway, your suggestion of loading - adding new var - saving -
worked.

So, that also means that I didn't need to start from a new data.obj, so
no one should need to re-create their SqueakSource logins.  (And I did
add superadmin access for myself and Marcus while I was in there.)

- Doug