3.9alpha update stream

bert at impara.de bert at impara.de
Mon Jul 4 19:47:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Doug Way wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2005, at 1:09 AM, Doug Way wrote:
> > However, there's a problem with the MCConfiguration install.  It
> > generally works and gets most of the way through it, but it hits an
> > error trying to install the SMBase-dew.64 package.  Looking at the
> > debugger, it looks like it's trying to install an .mcd diff file for
> > this.  Ah, maybe the base version has to be in the same repository?
> > (which would be SMBase-gk.63)

Unfortunately, I can't look into this right now.

But there might be a bug in SqueakSource - the MCConf upgrade process
tries to download the .mcd first (because that's much more efficient),
and if that  fails, it downloads the .mcz. So the server should return an
error if it cannot build the diff. However, it might be that I never
tried that because we usually have all package versions in the
repository.

If that is not the problem, it might work if you just add another
repository to the workingcopy which has the base version. But I'm not
quite sure about that.