New 3.9alpha image is ready! (sort of)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Jul 5 14:51:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:31:26 +0200, "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at impara.de>
said:

> Am 05.07.2005 um 06:08 schrieb Doug Way:
>
> > One catch, though... the resulting image is dramatically larger
> > than the original.  3.8-6665 was 11.9MB, the new 3.9a-6676 is
> > 27.7MB... oof.  Not sure if this is a known problem or if it's
> > something that can be easily cleaned up, I've haven't looked into
> > it yet.  ...
>
> Make sure you flush the Monticello caches (there is a menu option for
> that in the MC browser's repository list menu).

Ahh, yes, when I do this, I get a little dialog saying "35 versions
flushed, 30,322,492 bytes reclaimed".  Whew. :)  The saved image is back
down to about 13MB.

I'll upload this smaller image/changes pair as a zip file later tonight.

I suppose I could even add an update to do this cache flushing, just for
this initial loading of all packages.

- Doug