New 3.9alpha image is ready! (sort of)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Jul 10 04:17:23 UTC 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 6:16 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 07.07.2005 um 08:35 schrieb Andreas Raab:
>
>>> Any suggestions on how I should implement this?  I guess we could
>>> just
>>> have a method defined somewhere (in the load-updates code) which has
>>> hardcoded, ordered list of the 35 package names.  I guess this list
>>> won't change very often.  (The 3.9a-6676 image doesn't seem to be
>>> hanging onto the MCConfiguration instance that was loaded in update
>>> #6676, otherwise I might try to use that.)
>
> That "hardcoded, ordered list of the 35 package names" would just be
> like the literal configuration that you issue as changeset (without
> the #upgrade call), but put into a method. It is precisely that
> literal representation why the configuration is as simple as it is now
> (compared to a full-blown MCVersion). It just defines a load order for
> a few packages, that's all :)

Right, sounds good.

I haven't tried adding this yet to the update stream.

This may become obvious when I look into it, but I assume this MC
configuration will load the very latest versions of each package, not
necessarily the specified versions?  (That's what I was looking for...
a simple "load order" configuration and not a configuration that only
loaded specific versions.)  I think that's what the #upgrade does if I
remember right, but I'll have to try it.

I assume the CProjectBuilder class below is in a particular Tweak
package.  Meaning that if you wanted to change the list of packages in
#defaultConfiguration, the #defaultConfiguration method in that package
would be updated.  (In other words, that particular package would sort
of store the configuration.)  But I guess it wouldn't change that
often, if it was simply used for the load order (and didn't have to be
updated every time one package in the list bumped versions).

- Doug