System Package: Versions in inbox

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Jul 13 09:01:50 UTC 2005

Am 13.07.2005 um 00:45 schrieb Marcus Denker:

> Hi,
>
> When I tried to publish System-md.2.mcz, mc told me that there are
> newer versions. In the inbox, there is System-dvf.5, but this does
> not have
>  System-dew.1.mcz as ancestor. So should that be ignored? Or merged?

It's only a warning, a hint to be careful.

In this case, you can ignore it. The check is not designed to be
smart, but to be fast. It only compares file names instead of
downloading all those versions, which might be rather expensive.

We might change the test to only look into the repository you are
publishing to (currently it looks in all repositories known to the
working copy).

- Bert -