iSqueak

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Jun 18 17:23:53 UTC 2005

On Jun 18, 2005, at 12:44 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> what we should fix is what do we do with the changes that are in
> 3.9alpha stream.
> I also have some new changes/fixes on my disc ready to be added to the
> stream.

Assuming we go ahead with the iSqueak plan, there are two ways to
handle this:

1.  Start with the iSqueak 3.8 image/packaging as-is.  Then re-add
those 3.9alpha changes via the new Monticello process.  You might be
able to just file-in all of the 3.9alpha changesets into the iSqueak
3.8 image, then commit all of the changed MC packages to our new
release repository (which doesn't exist yet).  Right, Avi?  It only
gets tricky if there are some order-dependent changes, or do-its, then
you might have to post a Config Map/do-it update as Andreas was
describing.

Or,

2.  Start with our 3.9alpha image, and then re-do the iSqueak
packagizing.  Might be doable, not sure.

Although I guess you were talking about starting over at 3.8 anyway,
right?  So I think that means #2 doesn't make any sense, let's just do
#1.

- Doug