iSqueak

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sun Jun 19 18:17:12 UTC 2005

Am 19.06.2005 um 16:43 schrieb Avi Bryant:

>  Bert, I know you guys have made
> some mods to SqueakSource as well, would it be easy enough for us to
> make a fresh copy of your setup and deploy that?

I guess so. Our version is a bit less open than the regular
SqueakSource, for example, only super users can create projects, and
non-public projects are not visible at all. This may or may not be
what you want for the official release server. That stuff is hard-
coded, but should be easy to find if you need to revert, thanks to
the excellent design of the SqueakSource code base in general.

There should be only a few impara-specific things in there, like hard-
coded email addresses (they used to point to Berne).

The most valuable addition you'll find in there might be the support
for automated generation and caching of differential packages (.mcd).
This immensely speeds up upgrading of packages (in particular large
packages) via configuration maps - it almost achieves the speed of
changesets.

My code is at

     http://source.impara.de/ss.html

Feel free to use.