iSqueak

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Jun 21 22:07:03 UTC 2005

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:10:55 +0200, <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> said:
> > Well, let's get a repository set up and see how it goes.  What's the
> > current status of the modules.sqf.org server?  Does it have the
> > capacity for an instance of SqueakSource for this, or should we find
> > somewhere else to host it for now?  Bert, I know you guys have made
> > some mods to SqueakSource as well, would it be easy enough for us to
> > make a fresh copy of your setup and deploy that?
>
> We are waiting for a brand new mac os X server (because right now
> squeaksource is running
> on our oldest solaris box). As soon as we have it we could really use
> it for a dedicated ssource.
> But yes as soon as we have a squeaksource and a stream set up I'm
> willing to push forward 3.9.
> Marcus told me that he wants to push some mantis pending items. :)

So... when will this new server be arriving? :)

Cees also offered to host the repository on the squeakfoundation box.
Should we just go with that?  (There's already plenty of stuff on the
squeaksource.com box, it looks like. :) )

And I guess this would just be the 3.9 "release repository".  The
individual packages should still have their own master repositories
somewhere... not sure where they should go.  A few of the Basic packages
already have master repositories, let's see, Monticello, probably
SqueakMap, that may be about it.  Perhaps some of the core ones such as
Kernel should go on the same box as the release repository.

- Doug