source.squeakfoundation.org (was Re: iSqueak)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Jun 27 15:59:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:15:16 +0200, "Avi Bryant" <avi.bryant at gmail.com>
said:
> On 6/27/05, Alexandre Bergel <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > But the Project 39a is still empty...
>
> Ah, yes, it is.  We do need to commit stuff there.  I just didn't
> understand the purpose of a script that created new packages when we
> already have a changeset from Andreas that does so.

Right, we can just use Andreas' changeset to do this partitioning.
(which is very similar to Alexandre's script anyway, I think)

> I'll populate that project shortly.

Sounds good.  By the way, does a SqueakSource "Developer" have access to
do this initial populating (adding new packages), or do you need to be
an Admin?

> > I have many changes related to the system change notification that are waiting...
>
> Great.

Yes, that should give the new process a good workout.  Hmm, how many
packages do these change-notification changes cut across? :-)

Realistically, it's going to take us a little while to get everything
working smoothly with this new process.  But we might as well dive in
and get started.  It's a big change, but I think it's flexible enough
that we will be able to adjust the process if necessary, and we won't
end up in a 3.3alpha modules situation.

I will set up a new swiki page covering the new process, as a point of
reference.

- Doug