source.squeakfoundation.org (was Re: iSqueak)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon Jun 27 16:26:21 UTC 2005

Am 27.06.2005 um 18:18 schrieb Alexandre Bergel:

>> Except that the major portion of work was the recategorization. (for
>> anyone who missed the original thread, have a look at the wiki page
>> on http://source.impara.de/iSqueak.html).
>>

> right. I guess you are referring to the Reorganize.3.8-6662.cs.
> There are just some categorizations. Bert, I did not deeply checked
> but I feel that actually it does not assign new category to classes/
> methods. For instance, the first line of the changeset is
>
> SystemOrganization changeFromString:
>  '(''Kernel-Chronology'' ChronologyConstants Date DateAndTime
> Duration Month Schedule Stopwatch Time TimeStamp Timespan TimeZone
> Week Year)
>
> These classes are already included into the class category 'Kernel-
> Chronology'! Andreas worked on the system change notification, but
> I do not know what he did (I do not have time to dive into the
> iSqueak image). I suspect that it uses events triggered by the
> recategoryzation to create packages.

You need to inspect the change set more closely. It may well have
redundant categorization of classes where nothing changed - this does
not hurt anybody. But there are also many recategorizations of
methods. I guess Andreas made the changeset  by just filing out the
categorization for everything in the system.

- Bert -