3.9alpha update stream (was Re: source.squeakfoundation.org)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:20:02 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Doug Way <dway at mailcan.com> wrote:

> - Update cs #1:  Full Monticello changeset.  For now, I'm just using
> Monticello-ar.245.mcz for this, which is the latest one in the
> Squeak3.8-Packages iSqueak image, because we want a version that works
> with MonticelloConfigurations.  Or can we just use one of the base
> Monticello releases such as Monticello-avi.231 ?  (Does the Reorg cs
> depend on a specific Monticello version?)

We definitely want one of the Impara versions, for the configuration support.

> - Update cs #4: The partitioning DoIt cs (from http://source.impara.de
> ->
> Projects -> iSqueak -> wiki).
>

> Note that after I do these steps, the list of packages in the Monticello
> browser is somewhat different than in the Squeak3.8-Packages image, this
> may need some cleanup?  Not sure where Connectors and some of the other
> packages came from.  See attached screenshot.

I think those come from cs #4, right?  Do we need to run that?  I'm
not sure we want all of those automatically created packages in there.

> Hopefully we can do all of this cleanup through updates, so that people
> can continue to follow the update stream from a 3.8 final image if they
> want.  Otherwise, we'll have to just tell everyone to download a new
> 3.9alpha partitioned image, which wouldn't be the end of the world, but
> it'd be nice to avoid that.

The other thing we'll need to generate will be a changeset that
provides the ancestry metadata for all of the initial package
versions, so that the MC working copies will be in the same state as
they would have been if all the packages had been loaded from the
repository (which will take a long time and we don't want to put
people through if we don't have to).

Avi