Dan's analysis thingy

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Fri Mar 18 15:56:14 UTC 2005

>After filing in the patch Dan just posted on squeak-dev, I ran:
>
>etoysRemovals _ Smalltalk reportClassAndMethodRemovalsFor: ((PackageInfo named: 'EToys') classes collect: [:each | each name]).

Hi, Cees -

Thanks for actually taking the trouble to try this out!

Just to complete the archaeological dig, check out SystemDictionary>>computeImageSegmentation ;-). It's out of date, but it shows how you can do a lot of different packaging experiments at once to save time.

While I haven't tried it, I think Daniel's Mudpie may help with determining effective root sets, after which my "differencing" scheme is pretty effective, as you discovered.

	- Dan