strange....

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sat Oct 22 12:20:28 UTC 2005

Hi

I've been using http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/Squeak3.9a-6693.zip. Was
not aware that there are more of those in different versions (I see
Squeak3.9a-6693md4.zip and Squeak3.9a-6693md5.zip but I don't know
what that is).

Stef, which one did you use?

Daniel, what we did is:
- take a 6693 image
- load 6694upgrade...
- load 6695loadScr...

The two scripts were posted by Stef yesterday to this list. That all
works fine for me. Even after flushing the MC caches, my image comes
down to 14.3MB.

Marcus tried too and reported:
-> It takes a long time. maybe two hours on my powebook
-> no conflicts, no merge dialog
-> But the image is 19MB large, even after emptying the cache.
     (I did save the image one before cleaning the caches, as it
      was unusably slow)

So, also there some difference, at least in the image size.

It would be good if somebody else could run this and report if it
works correctly.

It would also be nice if somebody could investigate into improving
MC's performance. This would be very welcom,e not only in this case
but in general, e.g., we drink too much coffee at netstyle.ch because
committing/merging always takes minutes... ;-)

Adrian