Upgrade scripts?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Oct 25 09:17:00 UTC 2005

Hi!

Cees De Groot <cdegroot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Incidentally, the customer uses VAST with ENVY/Manager. It has a whole
> slew of warts (more than I care to list here ;-)), but one very nice
> feature: loads are atomic. Which means that you can cancel a load
> halfway and nothing has changed in your image. AFAIK, this is missing
> in MC, not?

Just a sidenote:

Henrik's code for loading modules had two phases - first he loaded
modules (a chunk similar format) into the image in a self contained way
(not connecting it to anything really) and then a module was activated
using a sweep become operation making the activation step quite
atomical.

regards, Göran