Upgrade scripts?

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Oct 25 17:22:44 UTC 2005

Am 25.10.2005 um 11:33 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
>  Did you try the preload script? I think this should always be
> executed ...

Ah, actually the package-info version in 3.9a does not support
scripts. And MC has a bug that prevents scripts from being executed
when the PackageInfo class does not support them (the actual error is
supressed so you don't see it [*]). Actually they should still be
executed on load, if you created the mcz on a system with a package-
info version supporting scripts. And provided the binary snapshot
is another bug, but not that important).

[*] means, do not just throw an Error in the preamble - MC suppresses
errors and presents the erroneous definitions in bulk after loading.

I fixed the first MC bug, so if you load these:

     http://source.squeakfoundation.org/inbox/Monticello-bf.277.mcz
     http://source.impara.de/Stuff/Graphics-bf.24.mcz

you'll get an Abort notice when loading Graphics-bf.24 in an unsafe
image:

     (BitBlt canUnderstand: #displayString:from:to:at:kern:font:)
         ifFalse: [Abort new signal: 'need to load Graphics-ar.21
first!']

- Bert -