Upgrade scripts?

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Tue Oct 25 21:23:44 UTC 2005

Am 25.10.2005 um 23:10 schrieb Andreas Raab:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> Well, the script is executed if you have that fixed Monticello
>> version, or PackageInfo with script support. Republishing the
>> package  will retain the script only if you have the right
>> PackageInfo.
>>

> The "right" PackageInfo? Which one would that be?

One that implements the script accessors. This originally comes from
PackageInfo-Base-avi.20.mcz. The impara version at http://
source.impara.de/mc.html does have it (PackageInfo-Base, that is, we
don't have a full PackageInfo package).

The script support is not widely adopted and tested, and still has a
few flaws (like, it actually stores StringHolders in PackageInfo
instead of Strings, this was copied from the preamble logic in
ChangeSets).

- Bert -