About blessing level for package versions?

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:10:30 UTC 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 2:06 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Hi avi
>
> do you have any plans to add kind of blessing level to the package
> versions?
> Today I pushed a buggy changes on 3.9a and I do not know how to
> remove it
> and it take me ages to do anything. Around one hour for at the end
> just remove
> three files from a folder. But blessing levels could be better for
> other communication purposes.

Squeaksource already has a limited form of blessing levels: you can
"release" a specific version, and later unrelease it if you made a
mistake.  You can also set things up so that only released versions
are visible to non-developers.

It might well make sense to integrate that feature into the 3.9a
process.

Avi