confused by rest local rest remote

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:47:43 UTC 2005

On Sep 24, 2005, at 12:48 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> I think that I will need some help because I start to get really
> not making progress at all.
>

> I took
>     93
>     loaded morphic splitter
>     saved all the new packages
>
>     took again a 93
>     run the script
>     I gto an ancestor not found, copy it to my local cache
>
>     then I got a lot of conflicts.

Hey Stef,

I'm confused by why you're having so much difficulty.  Here's what I
just did:

- I started with a basic 3.9a image (the one you posted for me
recently).
- I went through the /39a repository and found all of the package
versions that you'd committed with the Morphic Splitters changes.  I
made sure I had them all in my package-cache and built the script
below to merge them.  I left out any packages that aren't affected by
Morphic Splitters, since their diffs will be empty and it would just
waste time to include them.

-----
| vm names |
names _ '
Balloon-stephaneducasse.6.mcz
BalloonMMFlash-stephaneducasse.3.mcz
Collections-stephaneducasse.29.mcz
Compiler-stephaneducasse.12.mcz
EToys-stephaneducasse.2.mcz
Files-stephaneducasse.8.mcz
FlexibleVocabularies-stephaneducasse.1.mcz
Graphics-stephaneducasse.13.mcz
Kernel-stephaneducasse.36.mcz
Morphic-stephaneducasse.47.mcz
MorphicExtras-stephaneducasse.2.mcz
MorphicTests-stephaneducasse.4.mcz
Movies-stephaneducasse.3.mcz
Multilingual-stephaneducasse.6.mcz
Nebraska-stephaneducasse.4.mcz
Network-stephaneducasse.16.mcz
Protocols-stephaneducasse.4.mcz
SMBase-stephaneducasse.69.mcz
Sound-stephaneducasse.2.mcz
Speech-stephaneducasse.5.mcz
ST80-stephaneducasse.19.mcz
StarSqueak-stephaneducasse.4.mcz
System-stephaneducasse.42.mcz
Tools-stephaneducasse.30.mcz

' findTokens: ' ', String cr.

vm _ MCVersionMerger new.
names do: [:fn | vm addVersion: (MCCacheRepository default
loadVersionFromFileNamed: fn)].
vm merge
-----

Here's a screenshot of my image just as I'm about to evaluate that
script: