confused by rest local rest remote

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 28 18:21:56 UTC 2005

Am 28.09.2005 um 19:48 schrieb Daniel Vainsencher:

> So, what's stopping you from harvesting to the inbox repository,
> and then merge when this brouhaha is done?
>
> Conflicts are likely to be small, especially so if you avoid
> Morphic stuff.
>
> Parallelizable development and integration is pretty much the whole
> point of using MC, afaict...

Yes, it's a right observation that I need to get more into the MC
mindset... but:

I don't think the direct process of harvesting is the most important
part here, but getting an "official"
image out there with the bugs fixed... having the fixes in the inbox
in mc is not too different then having
them in mantis, somehow... people who know that they need them could
install them, but the
image downloaded does not have them, nor do you see them when loading
updates...

      Marcus