source.squeakfoundation.org moved to box2, new look and cleanup

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Thu Sep 29 19:27:07 UTC 2005

Hi all.  Ken & I worked this weekend and moved the squeaksource server
(hosting the 3.9a code) from Cees' private machine over to box2.  This
should be a better setup in terms of more admins having access to
maintain/restart the squeaksource image when necessary.

While I was at it, I spiffed up the squeaksource image, so that it has
a unique banner and color scheme, to distinguish it from the original
squeaksource server at Berne.  I also cleaned up the references to
Impara leftover from Bert's code.

Check it out at:  http://source.squeakfoundation.org

I also created a "SqueakSource-SqF" project there, which contains the
complete SqueakSource package configuration running on that machine.  I
added some basic instructions on how to set up a working SqueakSource
image on the Wiki page for the project.  (These are the only
instructions on how to set up SqueakSource that I know of.)

Since the old setup was still running on Cees' machine, Ken & I decided
to keep it there as a squeaksource test server, with its own domain
name.  You can use this site if you need to mess around testing
something with squeaksource.  (Yes, it has its own color scheme too...)

That one is here:  http://sourcetest.squeakfoundation.org

- Doug