[Packages] Re: [V3dot10] New compatibility messages for TraitBehavior

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 17:26:14 UTC 2007

Universes:

I have tweaked package Universes to accept a bracketed script in place
of a url in the "download from" field.
Universes already ignores anything beginning with $( as not being a url,
so putting the script in brackets seemed reasonable to me.

download from:
(Installer squeaksource project:'MagmaTester'; install:
'MagmaServerLoader-kph.25')

Using this scheme in conjunction with Installer, Universes can now
manage dependencies between, and load squeakmap packages, or mantis fixes.

This also provides a work-around so that Universes can load monticello
packages with dependencies.
It also allows universes to access other non-url based resources such as
magma/goods repositories.

I think that this could be very useful.

1) is it an acceptable idea?
2) Were can I contribute this change to?

best regards

Keith