[Pkg] Monticello Updates

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:21:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 07:49:20AM -0400, Rob Rothwell wrote:
>    Hello,
>
>    I have been watching all the recent Monticello updates flying by and have
>    been wondering if I should be trying to keep up!
>
>    I did for a while, but seemed to do something wrong and broke Monticello
>    so that I could not save any code at all.
>
>    Anyway, some advice on how "up to date" I should try to stay (and how to
>    do so) would be appreciated...

Monticello loading is very fragile. In general, the only way to
reliably install Monticello is to use the LevelPlayingField
script:
http://installer.pbwiki.org/LevelPlayingField

The actual script to install monticello is this:
http://installer.pbwiki.org/LevelPlayingField-Monticello15

Notice how it actually loads Monticello twice: first from a
file-out, then from a .mcz package. This works around the
fragilities of loading Monticello using Monticello. It is a
bootstrapping problem.